Ref No: AM17920
County Dublin, Republic of Ireland
Senior Procurement Specialist - West Dublin.
This position is being offered as a 12 months' fixed-term contract.
Responsible and accountable for the Direct / Indirect categories, as assigned by the Procurement Manager, including category management, supplier selection, contract negotiation and purchase order management, using best procurement practices. Support stakeholder/ site /customer projects & requirements for materials/goods and services, in a timely manner, at the most competitive cost, in compliance with global supplier management strategy and policies and procedures. Developing, implementing and leading on procurement initiatives for the Dublin site that are directly in support of global Procurement business objectives, global and site KPI's and professional/ethical business practices. Act as single point of contact for supplier communications, issue resolution and risk mitigation.
1. Act as subject matter expert on Procurement Policy in support of the site.
2. Apply knowledge of the supplier market for materials/goods and services in terms of current technologies, competitive environment, market trends and global cost drivers.
3. Guide and support the Plant Procurement team, stakeholders and business units on global Procurement processes
4. Identify and execute on Procurement initiatives to deliver optimal efficiencies to site, including but not limited to, total cost of ownership, consolidation of supply base and alternate supply solutions.
5. Provide proactive supplier relationship management of critical issues with suppliers. For Direct materials, inform and coordinate communication with the Supply Chain Manager on major supplier issues with recommendations for resolution.
6. Identify opportunities for alternate / new sources of supply for site / global qualification and strategic benefit. Look to invite and engage SME & Diverse suppliers as well as large enterprises on an equal opportunity basis
7. Act with fairness and integrity in all supplier interactions.
8. Recommend training and skills building programs for all Plant Procurement team members.
9. Directly and through the team, negotiate contracts with suppliers. Fully understand the structure and terms of the standard contracts.
10. Identify and assess risks and benefits of sourcing decisions and clearly present proposals to mitigate risks collaboratively, ensuring sustained product supply-quality-compliance.
11. Directly and through the team, act as escalation point on supplier issues. Co-ordinate communication and resolution of supplier performance issues in collaboration with site SME's.
12. Contribute to the annual budget process by providing best cost estimates and collaborate with supply chain and finance on forecast and spend assumptions.
Interested applicants should have:
Ideally a degree and/or Supply Chain / Procurement professional certifications.
At least 6-10 years' of progressive business experience in sourcing/supplier/category management or related functions.
Competencies should include:
- Supplier and contract management experience.
- Good influencing, change management, and negotiation skills.
- Able to present and advocate sourcing cases to a variety of audiences with self-confidence.
- Ability to respectfully communicate to and challenge plant management team.
- Openness for new initiatives, fast learner, proactive.
- Ability to lead teams and build effective working relationships both internally and externally.
- Good presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Results orientation.
- Good analytical capabilities.
- Self-starter and independent worker.