Ref No: AM17869
County Clare, Republic of Ireland
Senior Purchasing & Procurement Specialist - County Clare.
Our client seeks a Senior Purchasing & Procurement Specialist to lead the Purchasing Department. Previous experience within the Engineering/Manufacturing sector would be very beneficial.
This is a key role in the company and requires someone coming from a fast-paced environment background, with experience in sourcing supplies, materials, and overseeing procurement processes.
Key responsibilities include:
• Ensuring systems are updated with accurate PO details, due dates and pricing.
• Maintenance of product and supplier database.
• Preparing daily, weekly, and monthly reports for internal departments.
• Managing incoming calls and emails ensuring they are dealt with in an efficient and professional manner.
• Coordinating between departments and resolving day-to-day administrative and operational problems.
• Ensure supplier forecasting is maintained and managed on a consistent basis, providing visibility of long-term requirements to the supply chain.
• Product and supplier database checks and sign-offs.
• Evaluate offers from vendors and negotiate better prices and research additional potential vendors.
• Maintain and manage execution of PO’s in line with cost and PPV targets.
• Managing and placing Purchase Orders on Approval.
• Manage and liaise with suppliers, ensuring delivery of materials are on time to meet ongoing factory demand requirements.
• Identify opportunities for cost savings for both materials and logistics/freight costs.
• Work with Stores to support inventory accuracy and compliance.
• Manage and enhance MRP System within ERP
• Ensure that all relevant MRP parameters are reviewed and revised at regular intervals
• Manage all supplier returns and associated activity for credit / resupply
• Ensure procurement responses meet operational requirements
• Ensure business targets of the procurement team are being met
Interested applicants should have:
• Ability to meet deadlines & multitasking in a fast-paced environment.
• Exceptional organisational, analytical and data management skills.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS office (in particular Excel).
• ERP experience.
• At least 3-5 years' experience in a similar role.
• Keen interest in learning & professional development.